Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mom's Chili

10 lbs lean ground beef
10 lbs italian sausage
light red kidney beans
dark red kidney beans
stewed tomatoes
tomato sauce
chili seasoning
oregano
brown sugar
diced onions
diced green peppers
minced garlic

I can't give you the exact measurements because I would have to kill you all. OK...maybe it's not that much of a secret. I just know how much to put in. I don't measure. It's the recipe my mother has made since we were little kids. And we LOVED it....trust me...most Floridians don't eat chili so you know it has to be good! My suggestion is to stick it in the crockpot and let it simmer for 6 hours. Let those juices jive. It's a beautiful thing.
Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Kimberly Bestul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly Bestul said...

sounds good!